- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Nature’s Path Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (recipe below)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 2 tsp each ground ginger and nutmeg
- 1 tsp each ground cloves and allspice
- Mix spices together. Store in a sealed jar.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix flaxseed with 2 1/2 tbsp water; set aside. Using electric mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar and honey until smooth. Beat in flaxseed mixture until well combined.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup granola, whole wheat flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto baking sheets. Sprinkle some of the remaining granola over each cookie, pressing to adhere. Bake for about 18 minutes or until slightly browned.