- 1 (13 ½ oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 ¼ cups non-dairy chocolate chips
- 6 cups EnviroKidz Koala Crisp Cereal
- 6 tbsp brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Strawberries, for serving
- To make the frosting, heat the coconut milk and chocolate chips in a double boiler over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate chips are melted. Remove from heat and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until thick and firm, at least 2 hours. Whip with electric beaters until smooth and creamy.
- To make the cake, line two 8×8-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the brown rice syrup and cocoa powder and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and add the Koala Crisp cereal. Mix gently until the cereal is fully coated with the cocoa mixture. Divide the cereal mixture between the prepared pans, press down and smooth out the top using an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- To assemble, place one cereal cake on a serving plate. Spread half the frosting on top. Place the second cereal cake on top and spread with remaining frosting. Top with strawberries, if desired. Serve immediately.