- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, divided
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup Qi’a Honey Chia Superflakes cereal, crushed*
*Vegan option: Use Qi’a Coconut Chia Superflakes instead
- Blend almond milk, 1 banana, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a blender until very smooth. Transfer to a shallow container that is large enough to fit your slice of bread.
- Place crushed Honey Chia Superflakes cereal into a similarly sized container and set aside.
- Slice remaining banana into coins.
- Spread 1 tbsp of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Top 2 of the slices with banana coins and sandwich with the other 2 slices of bread.
- Dip both sides of each sandwich into the almond milk mixture and then coat with crushed Honey Chia Superflakes cereal.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and coat with coconut oil or cooking spray. Cook each side of the dipped sandwiches until golden brown, dry and crispy.
- Serve hot with desired toppings.