Nature’s Path wants to increase access to healthy food and raise awareness about nutrition, which is why we’re having our 8th annual Eat Well Do Good foodraiser for food banks in BC.
If you’re in the Vancouver area, be sure to join us on Tuesday, October 4th at Robson Square to shop our organic marketplace and purchase our grab-n-go meal bags. All proceeds go to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
All About the Greater Vancouver Food Bank
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit organization with a mission to create empowering environments that promote access to healthy food, education and training. The GVFB provides assistance to over 26,500 people weekly through 13 food locations and close to 100 community agencies located in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. The GVFB is committed to its vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all and through community collaboration, is pro-actively working to help end hunger.
- 26,500 people access GVFB services each week.This is through 13 food distribution locations and partnerships with close to 100 community agencies.
- 20% of GVFB members are children and youth.
- 19% of GVFB members are seniors.
- The GVFB distributes 4.1 million pounds of food each year.
How You Can Help
It’s more important than ever to help the Greater Vancouver Food Bank, as its food stock as at an all time low. Here are three ways you can help the GVFB provide its community with access to healthy, nutritious food:
1. Attend Eat Well Do Good
Come on down to Robson Square or London Drugs (Granville & West Georgia) to purchase some grab-n-go meal bags or pantry bags filled with organic goodies.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast for $5
- Savour a yummy lunch for $10
- Grab a pantry bag, priced at $25 and $30 (over 50% savings!)
- Enjoy a coffee with some chocolate, listen to our live entertainment and take selfies at our farm fresh photo booth
2. Text to Donate
Between October 1-31, you can text FOOD to 45678 to donate $5 (Canada only).
3. Donate Online
You can donate any amount you want here online. Just change the ‘Gift Designation’ to Eat Well Do Good 2016 (Canada & US only).
Looking for ways to support your local food bank?